Firstly, we hope you, your family and friends are all well! We can’t begin to tell you how great it feels to finally announce that we are re-opening and what plans we are putting in place for your return to the club.
Everyone at the Oaks Leisure Club would just like to express our gratitude to the messages and even letters of support we have received from you over the last 4 months, thank you!
Reopening Date : Saturday 25th July at 7am.
Gym and pool sessions
The Club will operate on a booking system in which only members will be able to book 45 minute sessions in the pool area and gym area.
The 45 minute session will be followed by a 15 minute clean down session in which staff can prepare and sanitise before the next session/group of members to be allowed entry. During this 15 minute you will be allowed in the changing rooms but you will need to be out of the changing rooms before other members are allowed in.
Initially you will only be able to book one gym session and one pool session a day.
We are fully aware that such a system is not ideal, however as I’m sure you’ll agree we need to be responsible and appreciative of all members requirements. Furthermore, we may adapt this over time to become more efficient and give more flexibility.
We also know that some of the start and finish times for the 45-minute sessions do not fit in with the normal start and finish times of our silver membership therefore we will allow some flexibility to starting slightly sooner or finishing slightly later than what your membership normally dictates.
An online session booking facility will be introduce soon. This will be not be available within the first 2 weeks of opening as we need to get each of you registered for the service.
Leisure Club Capacities
To make sure we can operated safely the capacity of areas within the Club are as follows:
Gym x 12
Pool x 8
Classes x 8
Therefore, looking at our previous usage per hour and per day we do believe that there will be plenty of room for everyone.
Working together to make everyone safe
There are numerous measures that are we putting in place to ensure that you and staff are in a position where the risk is minimised. Therefore, some of the main ones that you the members need to be aware of are:
- Sanitisation stations and systems will be situated on entrance and throughout the Club, we also expect that every member sanitises their piece of gym equipment before and after use.
- Sauna and steam room will remain closed, spa’s will be open but on restricted numbers (as per government and official body advice)
- We won’t provide mats in classes
- Hair dryers will not be in use in the changing rooms
- Shaving is not allowed
- The squash court will remain closed for the initial few weeks
- Lounge areas initially will not be in use, once you have finished, we would ask that you immediately go home or if you are waiting for someone then do so in your car.
- Guests will not be allowed in the club only members are permitted
- Spectators will not be allowed in the Club
- Where applicable swimming teaching classes/lessons will not be started yet
- Classes will be operating but with lower capacities, non-members won’t be allowed to attend initially.
- The platinum membership will be suspended from 1st August with a view to bringing back as soon as possible, therefore remember to bring your own towels. We will ensure you are not charged for this if you were a platinum member.
How you can help
- Use the changing rooms as little as possible:
- If you are going just use the gym please arrive in your gym gear, if possible and practical shower at home.
- If you are just having a swim session ideally arrive in your swimming costume (under normal clothes) and if possible and practical shower at home.
- If you are using the gym and then going for a swim you will be allowed to use the changing rooms to change into your swimwear and shower prior to getting in the pool (please note you will only be able to enter the swimming pool in your allocated 45 minutes), and again if possible and practical shower at home.
- The changing rooms locker keys will be sanitised after every use but this is the one area within the Club where we feel social distancing will be harder to achieve, therefore please help us to help you.
- If you are feeling poorly in any way, do not attend the Club
- If you are confirmed to have COVID-19 and have been to the Club, let us know immediately.
- Bring water bottles from home, you will be able to fill bottles from the fountains but you won’t be able to drink
- When using any piece of equipment in the gym it must be sanitised before and after use by you
- Members whenever possible adopt social distancing to ensure reduced contact with other members. There are exceptions to this if you are within the same household/bubble.
MEMBERSHIP PAYMENTS - DIRECT DEBIT/ANNUAL
We plan to reactivate the membership direct debits from 1stAugust 2020, you do not need to anything as long as your direct debit has been kept active. If you have cancelled your direct debit then you either need to contact your bank and re-instate your direct debit with them or contact use directly on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange the completion of a new mandate.
If you wish to temporarily suspend your membership then again the best option will be to e mail use directly again at email@example.com and I will arrange this for you.
For members that do not pay on direct debit the period from Saturday 21st March to Saturday 25th July will be added to your renewal date.
We are aware that when we were forced to close on the night of Friday 20th March, we owed direct debit paying members 11 days of subscriptions. With us opening on Saturday 25th July there will be 7 days that we won’t charge for. Therefore, we will owe members 4 days membership which we will consult with you as to how best to refund in due course.
On a final note these measures are temporary and will be new to all of us but together with each other’s support and adherence to these procedures I believe we will have a fully functioning and safe Club. There is more but we don’t want to bombard you with information.
On behalf of me and my colleagues, we’ve missed you and cannot wait to see you again very soon.